Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How To Make A Robotic Arm ?
helixo
Posted: August 12, 2011 01:16 pm
Reply to this postQuote Post

Group: Members+
Member No.: 35,548

robotic arm in the sense anythidng which can folD its self , for example the cassette tray of any hanDycam ?? or a movable robot-car which can stanD up ?? is there any simulator for this ???dddd
PMEmail Poster
Jimthecopierwrench
Posted: August 13, 2011 08:17 am

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 561

I think you just took the prize for this month's vague question.

A single plane fold requires a simple hinge, The handicam tray would typically use parallelogram linkages or scissors, their lengths (equal or not) and geometries (pivot points, parallel or not) would determine exactly how the tray moved.

Don't know what kind of simulations may or may not exist, but most (all?) setups can be seperated into their axis of operation and plotted on a cartesian plane, and AFAIK there's no math that can't be done with a basic scientific calculator. I do my more complex simulations with cardboard and pins wink.gif Works like a charm.

--------------------
All children are equal in the eyes of dog :)
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Shocker
Posted: August 22, 2011 07:16 pm

Forum Addict ++

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 3,558

I know Microsoft have a robotics simulation package out on the market.
PMEmail Poster
tekwiz
Posted: August 22, 2011 07:21 pm

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,746

A lot of mechanical CAD programs also have motion simulator functions.

--------------------
Trouble rather the tiger in his lair, than the sage among his books.
For to you, kings & armies are things mighty & enduring.
To him, mere toys of the moment, to be overturned at the flick of a finger.

Fortuna favet fortibus.
PMEmail Poster
moopthereckoner
Posted: October 24, 2011 05:16 pm

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 35,938

arduino and actuators, complexity can be as simple as a hinged joint or as complex ass modelling the human arm
PMEmail Poster
Georgia
Posted: November 04, 2011 01:12 pm

Group: Members+
Member No.: 36,038

QUOTE (moopthereckoner @ October 24, 2011 06:16 pm)
arduino and actuators, complexity can be as simple as a hinged joint or as complex ass modelling the human arm

hi, what i want to say the robot arm is probably the most mathematically complex robot you could ever build. As such, this tutorial can't tell you everything you need to know. Instead, I will cut to the chase and talk about the bare minimum you need to know to build an effective robot arm. Enjoy!

To get you started, here is a video of a robot arm assignment I had when I took Robotic Manipulation back in college. My group programmed it to type the current time into the keyboard . . . (lesson learned, don't crash robot arms into your keyboard at full speed while testing in front of your professor)
And to build a cardboard robotic arm is a popular science project in schools around the world. It is a simple, first step in robotics education. Students are given assorted supplies and asked to construct their cardboard robotic arm using only their creativity and ingenuity. Students are expected to finish the project in widely differing ways.

hi, what i want to say the robot arm is probably the most mathematically complex robot you could ever build. As such, this tutorial can't tell you everything you need to know. Instead, I will cut to the chase and talk about the bare minimum you need to know to build an effective robot arm. Enjoy!

To get you started, here is a video of a robot arm assignment I had when I took Robotic Manipulation back in college. My group programmed it to type the current time into the keyboard . . . (lesson learned, don't crash robot arms into your keyboard at full speed while testing in front of your professor)
And to build a cardboard robotic arm is a popular science project in schools around the world. It is a simple, first step in robotics education. Students are given assorted supplies and asked to construct their cardboard robotic arm using only their creativity and ingenuity. Students are expected to finish the project in widely differing ways.
PMEmail Poster
Abdullah M.A.
Posted: November 05, 2011 09:37 am

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 10,604

Autodesk Inventor.

Abdulla

--------------------
"A scientist can discover a new star, but he cannot make one. He would have to ask an engineer to do that."
"For an optimist the glass is half full, for a pessimist it's half empty, and for an engineer is twice bigger than necessary."
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force