Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How To Interface With Flash Ms Pro Duo, How to interface with Flash MS PRO DUO
BigProblemToSolve
Posted: May 04, 2011 09:50 am
Reply to this postQuote Post

Group: Members+
Member No.: 34,983

I've made some great photos with my camera. Yesterday I wanted to read them out of the memory card and my camera gave an error, please reinsert. I've tried a card reader and went to the photoshop but with no succes. In the photoshop they said the memory card isn't repairable.

I hope that the driver section of the memory card is broken, to communicate with the pc or flash reader, due to ESD or something like that. After some research on the internet I found that it is possible to communicate directly to the flash (getting around the driver section).

After opening the memory card i found nothing, no flash-chip, its one solid PCB. (picture below). There are some golden pads but i don't know if its possible to communicate directly through the pads with the flash using spi or other interface.

Does any one know if there is a datasheet of the Memory Stick pro duo (MSMT2G) that will tell me what the golden pad represent. Or is it just not possible what i want to do?

user posted image
user posted image

Thanks in advance!
PMEmail Poster
kellys_eye
Posted: May 04, 2011 09:58 am

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 2,735

Download a program called 'zero assumption recovery' and try that first.

If the problem is software related (corrupt data etc) then this program will sort it - if not, forget trying to make 'repairs' to any physical problem - you won't do it without the most sophisticated electronic equipment (including an electron microscope).

--------------------
May contain nuts
PMEmail PosterYahoo
BigProblemToSolve
Posted: May 04, 2011 10:11 am

Group: Members+
Member No.: 34,983

Zero assumption recovery doesn't work, because the memory stick is invisible for my computer. When i put the memory card in the camera it won't even format. Thats why i think the card is physically broken.

Thanks
PMEmail Poster
CWB
Posted: May 04, 2011 11:36 am

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 15,154

it sounds like you're pooched on this one .
i have had a couple of cam cards come in for data retrieval , there have been other flash types as well .

one card had corrupted data and "deleted files" (thanks to some monkey at a "photography shop") .
i was able to access the card and get a lot of the information off of it .

the other card behaved as you have mentioned ...
i tried several methods of access , spent a lot of spare time and drank a lot of coffee ...
to no avail .
sometimes when something is broke ... it's broke .

--------------------
"Know how to solve every problem that has been solved"
R. Feynman '88
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force