Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)!
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Who Is Absent?, let's show'em the power of dutchforce
Jman
Posted: October 04, 2017 06:28 pm
Reply to this postQuote Post

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 39,924

hi guys,
upon the earliest investigations and evidences, there gonna be less popularity for traditional online communities like forums and discussion boards and more for crazy growing social networks.
facebook,whatsapp,instagram,telegram , blah blah seemingly have ruined our dreams on kindly antique forums anyhow. nono.gif
well,I think it's over more than a decade I'm Into this crazy board.sometimes close and sometimes far. cool.gif
anyway, as a nostalgia,let's make an absence & presence checklist to find the long term missing members.
let's start with owner of this avatar,The missing Larry... wink.gif
and who's next?

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
AwesomeMatt
Posted: October 05, 2017 06:50 am

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 9,878

I mean, most people who aren't around, we know kinda what happened to them. And most of us are around much less than we used to be.

Larry's had personal troubles.

Tekwiz had some health problems and then, some more health problems. I check in with him once a year or so, though I'm overdue.

Geek left when he shared sad news about a friend's wife suddenly passing away and not liking the casualness (/insensitivity) of our reaction to it.

Some of the guys went to college and never came back.

Brandon had a heart attack and was gone for most of a year, though he's back now.

Joongle has discovered more of life and spends much less of his days here than he once did (and good for him).

Jim gave up his house and later lost his batcave, and was living at the office between his concrete campouts on the weekend, not much for projects without a shop.

Soren had a stroke or some health troubles, might have passed away since.

I dunno, it sounds awful but I don't notice people when they're gone much. People can disappear for months and it just feels generally quieter around here without them, not.. specifically quieter. I don't usually notice until someone bumps an old thread and I see some names and I'm like "Oh hey, X is back!", and then realize no, it's just a post from 5 years ago. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
Jman
Posted: October 05, 2017 11:33 am

QUOTE (AwesomeMatt @ October 05, 2017 06:50 am)
I mean, most people who aren't around, we know kinda what happened to them. And most of us are around much less than we used to be.

Larry's had personal troubles.

Tekwiz had some health problems and then, some more health problems. I check in with him once a year or so, though I'm overdue.

Geek left when he shared sad news about a friend's wife suddenly passing away and not liking the casualness (/insensitivity) of our reaction to it.

Some of the guys went to college and never came back.

Brandon had a heart attack and was gone for most of a year, though he's back now.

Joongle has discovered more of life and spends much less of his days here than he once did (and good for him).

Jim gave up his house and later lost his batcave, and was living at the office between his concrete campouts on the weekend, not much for projects without a shop.

Soren had a stroke or some health troubles, might have passed away since.

I dunno, it sounds awful but I don't notice people when they're gone much. People can disappear for months and it just feels generally quieter around here without them, not.. specifically quieter. I don't usually notice until someone bumps an old thread and I see some names and I'm like "Oh hey, X is back!", and then realize no, it's just a post from 5 years ago. tongue.gif

nice report buddy,
and what a pitty we don't have that old friends here anymore. sad.gif
for me,It's been always a big challenge to be known online,maybe the same feeling you've gotten over the years.
BTW that I'm look'n for an untouched personal spot for real gatherings away from cyber sharks mad dogs and other stupid things around.Maybe over the new comming year or more. cool.gif
ehh...sounds like a nice place for mason meetings and what if we could make it via couchsurfing-like or ratherly more private manners.
hmm...maybe Just need to know about your tendency and beeing on-to-go motivations
here's some pics :

https://ibb.co/b2mU8w
https://ibb.co/hqm7vb
https://ibb.co/n8fBMG
https://ibb.co/mN9hTw
PMEmail Poster
JoOngle
Posted: October 05, 2017 09:01 pm

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3,818

LOL thanks, I guess laugh.gif

I'm still here, lurking in the background from time to time, but true enough - I have very little time on my hands, working like the rest of the working stiffs of the world.

Have scored a few things too - got such a bad conscience for not taking pictures and showing you guys in here, I really should have done that blush.gif I'll see if I get some time during the weekends to do it as well.

Absolutely miss the rest of the regular gang in here, but there are new ones coming in here too that pop up once in a while, that's nice. I think we need some cool projects and things going in order to get going in here again. I still believe this forum has the potential to reach it former glory not to mention surpass it in the future - it just needs some more passionate souls like we "where" once.

But yeah...life happens.

--------------------
If my soul was software, I could program myself and you.
PMEmail Poster
Jman
Posted: October 06, 2017 12:59 pm

QUOTE (JoOngle @ October 05, 2017 09:01 pm)

LOL thanks, I guess laugh.gif

I'm still here, lurking in the background from time to time, but true enough - I have very little time on my hands, working like the rest of the working stiffs of the world.

Have scored a few things too - got such a bad conscience for not taking pictures and showing you guys in here, I really should have done that blush.gif I'll see if I get some time during the weekends to do it as well.

Absolutely miss the rest of the regular gang in here, but there are new ones coming in here too that pop up once in a while, that's nice. I think we need some cool projects and things going in order to get going in here again. I still believe this forum has the potential to reach it former glory not to mention surpass it in the future - it just needs some more passionate souls like we "where" once.

But yeah...life happens.

Good to see you buddy,
as I remember you and Larry were the most successful double team here.so,maybe you are the only one is able to make him back again tongue.gif
and ...yep,I think we need to redeem our souls from social network suckers and other harmful creatures thumbsup.gif
hmm...IMO to restart new power lines,we need some cool and new ideas out of nowadyas troubled stormy cyber space.for example making a common charity network via members or some couchsurfing junctions and stuff... cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
dmg
Posted: October 07, 2017 11:21 am

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 36,860

Tekwizz and Larry..
i miss them a lot..

PMEmail Poster
Gorgon
Posted: October 08, 2017 09:53 pm

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 3,861

Hi ,
I'm still lurking around too, at times. It's been a long time since I last found anything I'd like to comment on.
My new job takes it's toll. smile.gif

TOK wink.gif

--------------------
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until they speak!
PMEmail Poster
Jman
Posted: October 09, 2017 09:23 pm

QUOTE (Gorgon @ October 08, 2017 09:53 pm)
Hi ,
I'm still lurking around too, at times. It's been a long time since I last found anything I'd like to comment on.
My new job takes it's toll. smile.gif

TOK wink.gif

Welcome back,
who thought everything will change such fast over these years.
for me,it has been like this during the recent decade biggrin.gif

user posted image
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
MacFromOK
Posted: October 09, 2017 10:07 pm

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 5,314

Same here... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mac *

"Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." [Wernher Von Braun]

* is not responsible for errors, consequential damage, or... anything.
PMEmail Poster
Abdullah M.A.
Posted: October 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 10,604

Miss you guys ALL!!!! it is been a long time since my last post!!! wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

Abdullah

--------------------
"A scientist can discover a new star, but he cannot make one. He would have to ask an engineer to do that."
"For an optimist the glass is half full, for a pessimist it's half empty, and for an engineer is twice bigger than necessary."
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
evildragon
Posted: October 10, 2017 03:48 am

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 6,862

I'm still alive and kicking. Still have heart problems, but I try to make the best of it these days.
PM
David Stephenson
Posted: October 13, 2017 01:11 am

Member No.: 2,918

I'm getting worried that nobody seems to do electronic as a hobby anymore. It is too easy to just pick up a cheap ready built (in china) device. So with no questions people have drifted away I remember people like Soren Govjohn colt45 and there was also a number of people on the digital sub-forum which now seems to get one post a month.

Has Jim finally managed to get locked-up? I haven't seen a post from him for a few weeks.
PMEmail Poster
Sch3mat1c
Posted: October 13, 2017 02:04 am

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Member No.: 73

Jim's alive and well, he's been posting on Facebook. He finally escaped the city and moved to a farmstead in the countryside. smile.gif

Tim

--------------------
Answering questions is a tricky subject to practice. Not due to the difficulty of formulating or locating answers, but due to the human inability of asking the right questions; a skill that, were one to possess, would put them in the "answering" category.
evildragon
Posted: October 13, 2017 06:38 am

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 6,862

I still enjoy doing electronics as a hobby, but I'm messing with smaller things. Recent things I've done within the year was modify an old IBM all in one's CRT to do VGA graphics (used to be MCGA only with 1-bit monochrome high res mode, now it does 256 shades of grey), I've also done some mods to convert signals to line level, from hotter sources, while impedance matching.

Simpler stuff yea, but I'm still doing things.

Oh and if it counts, I fixed an old Gameboy, soldering up small bodge wire to an SMD chip to fix a corroded trace.
PM
MacFromOK
Posted: October 13, 2017 07:06 am

Forum Addict ++

QUOTE (Sch3mat1c @ October 12, 2017 08:04 pm)
Jim's alive and well, he's been posting on Facebook.

Gotta link or username?

--------------------
Mac *

"Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." [Wernher Von Braun]

PMEmail Poster
Jimthecopierwrench
Posted: October 13, 2017 08:54 am

Group Icon

Member No.: 561

Find something and burn it - facebook

Should be back soon with a what's been happening post here and fresh bench muse

--------------------
Turn the page.
Jman
Posted: October 17, 2017 07:54 pm

heh...no one was inclined to get rid of this stupid unreal world for a real meeting .
I think it's time for me to leave here like CWB,Tekwiz and other old members so. dry.gif
Good luck everybody thumbsup.gif
PMEmail Poster
AwesomeMatt
Posted: October 17, 2017 08:31 pm

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 9,878

I'm not sure what your goal was. You wanted to shut down Dutchforce and have us, from all over the world, fly somewhere and have regular meetups?
PMEmail Poster
Jman
Posted: October 17, 2017 09:10 pm

QUOTE (AwesomeMatt @ October 17, 2017 08:31 pm)
I'm not sure what your goal was. You wanted to shut down Dutchforce and have us, from all over the world, fly somewhere and have regular meetups?

Dunno,maybe I'd rather shutdown the entire internet to get back to a mancave life.or to buy an untouched farm somwhere in UK to raise some pigs for export. thumbsup.gif
bye wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
damien
Posted: October 17, 2017 09:43 pm

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Member No.: 175

o.O

Damien

--------------------
Wow you look quite normal for a geek.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.
Nothing40
Posted: October 17, 2017 09:53 pm

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 181

I'm still around-ish.

--------------------
"we need an e-kick-in-the-nuts button" -Colt45
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
MacFromOK
Posted: October 18, 2017 04:03 am

Forum Addict ++

QUOTE (Nothing40 @ October 17, 2017 03:53 pm)
I'm still around-ish.

Same here, more or less.

I'm around on a semi/quasi/ersatz/almost/nearly/approximate/roughly/virtually/practically...

regular basis. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mac *

PMEmail Poster
Village Idiot
Posted: October 22, 2017 09:28 am

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 11,398

Haven't posted lately, but apparently I'm still alive.

Yeah, it's kinda sad that we don't see posts by some of the old regulars.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force