Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)!
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Amp Ratings For Thermal Fuse, Evaluating needed A rating for known Tf
Newzapperguy
Posted: February 15, 2018 01:58 am
Reply to this postQuote Post

Group: Members+
Member No.: 41,133

Can a 15 Amp rated 110C Tf rated Thermal fuse be used in a circuit protected by a separate 20 A fuse ? Total Watts of circuit 1425.
PMEmail Poster
Sch3mat1c
Posted: February 15, 2018 05:57 am

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 73

Sure, why not?

Keep in mind that a thermal fuse is still a normal fuse, and the rated current drops as it gets closer to rated temperature.

Tim

--------------------
Answering questions is a tricky subject to practice. Not due to the difficulty of formulating or locating answers, but due to the human inability of asking the right questions; a skill that, were one to possess, would put them in the "answering" category.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Newzapperguy
Posted: February 15, 2018 02:20 pm

Group: Members+
Member No.: 41,133

Thanks for the response. calculated load is less than 12Amps. I was looking for educational information on how the Thermal fuse's Amp rating does change, as the current approaches higher draws. Reason says the 20 Amp separate fuse in the circuit, will protect the circuit, but will the internal resistance of the thermal fuse, create increase heat, and result in the fuse being overloaded either from its own internal heat( exceeding 110C, or its 15 Am current rating? ) if I could find a 20A ,110C Tf , fuse I would get it, but can't. Copious 10, 15 Amp thermal fuses are available.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force