Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)!
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Danger Of Being Rude To Others ?, Was this person rude ?
Areal Person
Posted: July 02, 2018 02:53 am
Reply to this postQuote Post

Forum Addict

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 7,442

Hello all,

Well, an acquaintance who once before mowed my grass knocked on the front door of my house (couple days ago) and asked if he could borrow some finishing nails. I happened to have some as he knows I’m remodeling my house. I said hi to him and told him to meet me around back. Now he had to walk along the side of my house to get to the back.

I got my garage keys and walked through to the back door, approaching my garage, I called out “over here” I heard him reply “Hey, what's this?” Then, I heard him scream.

That dude had saw my mole trap set in the ground, didn't know what it was, so, obviously he pulled it out of the ground while it was cocked and started handling it, well, it’s a metal mole trap.
It almost cut off two of his fingers, there was so much blood. Well, the both fingers are broken real bad and he may lose one. Dr. is concerned about infection as it was a used mole trap.

I was always taught not to touch things on people's property. The dude is in his 60’s. And, why would you touch and not just as the question “What is it?”.

I don't understand people, why someone would pull a device out of the ground, on someone else s property while trying to borrow something. I was always taught, don't touch people stuff.

Question:
Is it not rude to do things like that ?
Was this person rude ?
(Now, I was always taught, don't touch people stuff.) So to me, yes, it is rude.

But, Oh, who knows if he will sue, probably will, the trap was not labeled, no signs, no security guard was on duty. He is a human being, I was trying to be a human being.

Why did he do that ? Why would anyone ?

OMG,
I’m so frustrated with stupidity. And it upset me, Am I wrong or what ?

Thanks,
blink.gif

PMEmail Poster
damien
Posted: July 02, 2018 07:44 am

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 175

Well it is rude to touch other peoples items and it's not like you said to him "hey come around the back and see this "thing" i have down the side of the house.

This is where the term 'common sense' comes in to play. Unfortunately, common sense is completely subjective. What is common sense to you and i (such as... dont poke or pick up random shit at someone else's house), may not be common sense AT ALL to others.

If you had it in a location where he had to physically grab it (it was buried), then that's even more stupid. Really....

Damien

--------------------
Wow you look quite normal for a geek.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
AwesomeMatt
Posted: July 02, 2018 11:38 pm

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 9,878

I don't know if "rude" is the most accurate word I'd use to describe his behavior.

"Stupid" or "Foolish" would be higher on the list. Hey what's this contraption hidden on someone else's property? I won't wait for an answer I'll just shove my hands in it. OW!

Thank god you didn't have a campfire or kitchen knife anywhere nearby, he'd be dead by now.

Generally, yeah it's rude to start playing with someone else's stuff. Especially when you're not in eyesight with them.

That said, I'd probably not think too hard about handling someone else's stuff in that situation if I was curious, but I'd at least approach it with caution, and if I broke anything by being an idiot I'd feel obligated to replace it.
PMEmail Poster
Jimthecopierwrench
Posted: July 03, 2018 08:52 am

Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 561

I grew up in what now seems a totally different era .. When you were in a store or someone's house - anywhere - you didn't touch ANYTHING! Doing so likely as not to get you a whup upside the head.

Noticed the last .. dunno how long - some weird need for people to be tactile with every damned thing they see. Everything has to be touched.

Is (pulling your trap) rude? Sure as heck is to people my age, and presumably older. My response is typically get out.

I just hope this jackass doesn't sick the ambulance hounds on you for not having neon flashing warning signs.

--------------------
Turn the page.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MacFromOK
Posted: July 03, 2018 06:18 pm

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 5,314

Do stupid stuff, win stupid prizes.

Sheesh, did this guy grow up in a bubble? That sounds like something an 8-10 yr old city boy might do. nono.gif

--------------------
Mac *

"Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." [Wernher Von Braun]

* is not responsible for errors, consequential damage, or... anything.
PMEmail Poster
kl27x
Posted: July 13, 2018 01:43 am

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 4,223

Sorry, Areal. But this is hilarious.

The good thing is he is an adult. He also clearly saw the trap, because he asked about it. He didn't step in it. But yeah, I'd be worried.

I wouldn't even know how to act to this neighbor, anymore. I mean after all the first aid and the bleeding is done.
PMEmail Poster
Giffen
Posted: July 17, 2018 05:52 pm

Group: Members+
Member No.: 41,278

Man, that had to hurt like hell. That's some instant karma right there...
PMEmail Poster
Areal Person
Posted: July 17, 2018 06:48 pm

Forum Addict

Member No.: 7,442

I seen him just the other day, hand all bandaged up, he showed it to me.
It looks really bad to me, but he said currently there's no infection.
He said he knows now it was a stupid thing to do. I hate it happened.
He seemed nervous, maybe he will not sue.

Anyway,
Thanks for the advise, and laughs, I just don't understand people sometimes.

have a nice day,
-Areal
blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force