Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> I Need Help From Someone Who's Good With Circuits
Alaskan
Posted: December 24, 2015 05:38 am
Reply to this postQuote Post

Group: Members+
Member No.: 40,026

Hi so this is my first post on the forum and i have absolutely no idea if this is the right section but I'm guessing it is. anyway i'm 16 and building a prototype and i'm to the point where I'm 80% done but I need to be pointed in the right direction as far as the circuit goes. so I have a small battery that needs to be able to take in a irregular charge and charge safely with a switch to charge an iphone which brings me to my next question how do I design a circuit that can take a irregualar charge to a battery have a battery charge off that while having an on/off button to charge the batter with another option to charge simultaneously from the irregular current It also needs to be able to show battery life with 4 leds ( 0805 smd led ) I understand how ignorant this post must be but I don't know the first thing about circuitry. Thanks
PMEmail Poster
MacFromOK
Posted: December 24, 2015 06:19 pm

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 5,314

There are regulators to smooth out irregular voltage and/or current (LM317 for example), but they require a bit of overhead power to function properly. Shunting the excess might be another option.

Show us the 80% you have done (not sure how you could accomplish that much if you "don't know the first thing about circuitry"), and explain the nature of the "irregular charge" source you're using.

Batteries can be picky about charging currents and voltage cutoff levels. Li-ion (Lithium Ion) batteries may even explode or catch fire if improperly charged, so you may not get much help on this project without showing some expertise (no one wants to help burn down your house).

Welcome to the forum. beer.gif

--------------------
Mac *

"Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." [Wernher Von Braun]

* is not responsible for errors, consequential damage, or... anything.
PMEmail Poster
Alaskan
Posted: December 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Group: Members+
Member No.: 40,026

QUOTE (MacFromOK @ December 24, 2015 06:19 pm)
There are regulators to smooth out irregular voltage and/or current (LM317 for example), but they require a bit of overhead power to function properly. Shunting the excess might be another option.

Show us the 80% you have done (not sure how you could accomplish that much if you "don't know the first thing about circuitry"), and explain the nature of the "irregular charge" source you're using.

Batteries can be picky about charging currents and voltage cutoff levels. Li-ion (Lithium Ion) batteries may even explode or catch fire if improperly charged, so you may not get much help on this project without showing some expertise (no one wants to help burn down your house).

Welcome to the forum. beer.gif

haha thanks and what I meant by being 80% done is the prototype not the circuit that's what i need to finish it and the irregular current i can't really go into detail about but the current will range from 2-3.7v
PMEmail Poster
deth502
Posted: December 27, 2015 04:49 pm

Forum Addict ++

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 14,050

current=amps not volts.

if you are not comfortable or knowledgeable to build, now a days there are many pre-made "plug and play" options available very cheaply. just search ebay and with the right search terms, your likely to find just what you need.
PMEmail Poster
GPG
Posted: December 28, 2015 08:25 am

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 792

With a little more information he might find it here.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force