Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Gerber Creation - Aperture File Missing
kl27x
Posted: July 09, 2015 01:32 am
Reply to this postQuote Post

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 4,223

I can't seem to wrap my head around what the aperture file is, or how to create it?

I have always created Gerber 274X, which does that automatically. I'm dealing with a board house that can't read my Gerber file. They are requesting Gerbers, and don't specify what kind, so I assume they want regular Gerbers, not 274X. Which is weird, because 6 months ago they made boards for me with the Gerber 274X........

Anyhow, when I try to make gerger gerbers, it appears I need an aperture file, and I can't seem to wrap my head around how the hell I actually make one and what I need to put in it. I know it has parameters such as "Annulus, round," etc., but I don't know where I'm supposed to derive this nor where to enter the information, nor in what format.

PMEmail Poster
Sch3mat1c
Posted: July 09, 2015 02:55 am

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 73

What tool?

As you say, 274X should have it internal so you never need a separate file, but it can still be generated..

Tim

--------------------
Answering questions is a tricky subject to practice. Not due to the difficulty of formulating or locating answers, but due to the human inability of asking the right questions; a skill that, were one to possess, would put them in the "answering" category.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MacFromOK
Posted: July 09, 2015 01:17 pm

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 5,314

You might try a re-install in case something is corrupted (be sure to back up any saved files first).

Just a thought. beer.gif

--------------------
Mac *

"Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." [Wernher Von Braun]

* is not responsible for errors, consequential damage, or... anything.
PMEmail Poster
kl27x
Posted: July 09, 2015 09:11 pm

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 4,223

Hmm, ne'er mind.

I redid my Gerbers (274x) with classic extensions, and they said all is well. *.SOL, etc.

I originally set up my Gerbers specifically like they requested on their webpage. *.GTL, *,GTO, *GTK, and whatnot, and they (ITEAD) said they couldn't open them. I don't know what gives. Thanks for whoever pointed them out to me, BTW. I think it might have been Colt45.

I have done a flex proto with them for $100 plus another $24 or so for upgraded shipping, IIRC. I got 10 protos with upgraded shipping, and it took about 3 weeks. I hope they continue to deliver. Quotes I got from domestic board houses were on the order of ten times as much with turnaround times of approximately 1.0 times as long. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sch3mat1c
Posted: July 10, 2015 02:26 am

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 73

Use pcbshopper.com for reference. Occasionally a domestic source will turn up cheaper, like Accutrace http://www.pcb4u.com/a1ad77.asp

Tim

--------------------
Answering questions is a tricky subject to practice. Not due to the difficulty of formulating or locating answers, but due to the human inability of asking the right questions; a skill that, were one to possess, would put them in the "answering" category.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force