Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)!
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Inventing/defining New Techonology And Terms, How to copyright new techonology terms ?
Areal Person
Posted: June 08, 2018 06:12 pm
Reply to this postQuote Post

Forum Addict

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 7,442

Hello all, I hope everyone is having a nice day.

I'm a computer science person, I've managed to invent a technology over the course of
my life. It still needs some work, but it's unique and will be helpful in military and commercial applications.

Question:
What is the standard/basic way for me to go on the internet and define some new terms
definitions (other than formal trademarking ) ? I'm going to be publishing a document that goes over the technology, I would like to define some currently non-existent words & terms (In English) that are unique to the technology before someone beats me to it. Here's an example of what I want to do.

Oh, I'm thinking of making a Wiki publication, I could just have a Wiki that
describes/defines all of the Language used by the technology.

I would like to define word terms. These would be single words or two or three word combinations. They would have an associated acronym, as well as a definition and usage instructions etc etc.

Note: This is only an example, it is not real.
Example

Acronym , Description , Definition
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DBLAST, Double By-Lateral Asymmetrical Structure , <Some definition>

Now, I've heard that the person who publishes first has great advantage, So should I just define these things on Wikipedia inside my article and post it as copyright ? I don't have patent issues, but I've got copyright concerns. Would this be solid enough way to copyright my terms and definitions for usage of my technology?

Thanks,
Areal blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Sch3mat1c
Posted: June 08, 2018 06:21 pm

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 73

No, that would be "original research", which is discouraged on Wikipedia and would be removed quickly.

You can get free webspace very easily, usually it's through an interface so you write your stuff on top and the formatting (and usually ads that support it being free) are already there.

Tim

--------------------
Answering questions is a tricky subject to practice. Not due to the difficulty of formulating or locating answers, but due to the human inability of asking the right questions; a skill that, were one to possess, would put them in the "answering" category.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Areal Person
Posted: June 08, 2018 07:06 pm

Forum Addict

Member No.: 7,442

Oh, thanks, I'm so glad I asked.

But, I am kinda generally confused and/or don't understand some things.

What if I did a Manifesto ? (Here's the definition), I've never done one before.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/manifesto

As an example lets say I've created the Agile method for software development.
Also, I don't know if a software method is something one creates, Invents, defines or what ?
Do you ?

I think this might be the original manifesto for Agile. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)
http://agilemanifesto.org/

So I would write the Manifesto, but what would be necessary for it to ever be appropriate for a Wiki publication ? And, I now assume the manifesto would offer the Copyright protections one would need when presenting a new Thingie ? (Create, invent, define declare ?) What is it ?

Thanks,
Areal blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
damien
Posted: June 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 175

Why not do as Tim suggested but install a Wordpress site with a Wiki Theme?

Then you can create your own wiki and be in charge of everything. Squarespace is a popular place.

I use a knowledge base theme for my companies jobs portal. It allows my employees to log in and see what jobs they have coming up etc. You can get loads of free wiki style themes.

Damien

--------------------
Wow you look quite normal for a geek.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
AwesomeMatt
Posted: June 11, 2018 09:32 pm

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 9,878

Wikipedia solved the original research issue by creating WikiBooks I think. You just use them to self-publish then quote yourself if you want to refer to it.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force