Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Collaboration Between Me's And Ee's For Pcb Design, Communicating mechanial design intent
FlexNugget
Posted: January 27, 2016 03:05 am
Reply to this postQuote Post

Group: Members+
Member No.: 40,077

I'm considering hiring a freelance electrical engineer to produce circuit schematics for a remote control vehicle concept. My intent is to bring these schematics to a PCB designer to create Gerber files for manufacturing. How can I help my electrical engineer design a circuit schematic that best reflects the design intent of the vehicle?

So far I've compiled written and illustrated descriptions of the vehicle's function along with several rudimentary (and definitely flawed) attempts at circuit schematics. I also have conceptual mechanical drawings of the vehicle with approximated sizes and locations for electrical components. I have already selected motors, batteries, and external sensors, but would be open to suggestions from the person I hire.

What else can I bring to the table that will help facilitate effective collaboration between the mechanical and electrical halves of the project?
PMEmail Poster
Sch3mat1c
Posted: January 27, 2016 06:54 am

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 73

Well.. I've done all three (SCH, PCB and 3D integration -- which really just means preparing a STEP file and working with the ME on enclosure, outline and profile restrictions).

Did... you have a project schedule in mind? Budget? Should we take this offline and talk proposals..?!

(Apologies to the forum, I suppose. It's not really advertising, but work is related..)

Tim

--------------------
Answering questions is a tricky subject to practice. Not due to the difficulty of formulating or locating answers, but due to the human inability of asking the right questions; a skill that, were one to possess, would put them in the "answering" category.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
JoOngle
Posted: January 27, 2016 05:22 pm

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3,818

QUOTE (Sch3mat1c @ January 27, 2016 06:54 am)
(Apologies to the forum, I suppose. It's not really advertising, but work is related..)

Tim

Personal job offers are all okay! thumbsup.gif

Go ahead, and good luck to the both of you.

--------------------
If my soul was software, I could program myself and you.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force