Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Motor Wires, Motor wires
Guruji
Posted: April 09, 2017 05:06 pm
Reply to this postQuote Post

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 2,721

Hi guys I have a motor of a washing machine without brushes and would like to use it as generator.
First I have to run motor; the thing is that it have blue, white, red, pink, and black wires coming out.
Blue wire is bridged on three contacts from an eight outlet pins.
Anyone knows on these motors maybe this is two speed not sure
Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
deth502
Posted: April 10, 2017 06:42 am

Forum Addict ++

Member No.: 14,050

dont recall seeing one without a yellow wire before.

usually, blue and yellow go to the start winding and black and white or red and white go to the run winding, although i have seen these colors reversed. ohm it out to make sure. the start winding should show about 7 ohms with the run winding showing 2 ohm.

single speed motors usually have 5 wires as you describe, with 2 speed having another and 3 speed having yet another. i suppose it is possible that the returns are all wired together and you have a 3 speed motor, could explain the pink wire, which i cant recall ever seeing before.
PMEmail Poster
Guruji
Posted: April 10, 2017 10:26 am

Member No.: 2,721

QUOTE (deth502 @ April 10, 2017 06:42 am)
dont recall seeing one without a yellow wire before.

usually, blue and yellow go to the start winding and black and white or red and white go to the run winding, although i have seen these colors reversed. ohm it out to make sure. the start winding should show about 7 ohms with the run winding showing 2 ohm.

single speed motors usually have 5 wires as you describe, with 2 speed having another and 3 speed having yet another. i suppose it is possible that the returns are all wired together and you have a 3 speed motor, could explain the pink wire, which i cant recall ever seeing before.

Thanks deth502 for response. Does this need a start cap? how much uf do you think?
Ok I check ohms on wires. Yes that pink wire is curious of it too.
These results: black to red =63ohms; black to white=36ohms; blue to red= 53ohms; white to red=77ohms
black to pink=63ohms; black to blue= 12ohms; red to pink= 71ohms; blue to pink=54ohms.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force