Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)
  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Qrp Cw Transceiver, The "KD1JV" kit
cgriggs
Posted: April 20, 2017 05:15 pm
Reply to this postQuote Post

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 40,300

I finally got the KD1JV Tri-bander transceiver all hooked up and ready to check out when I realized the Band Switch was not functioning. It wouldn't move left or right. (40, 30, 15 meters)

I emailed the company, Pacific Antenna, and now I wait for their answer.

I also made a comment on their "Power Up And Test" paragraphs. There has to be a better way to word it as I know that when I get that far, I'm going to want to pull out the remaining stubbles of my hair. Wow! What a confusing mess it seems to be! LOL

Has anyone in our group had dealings with this rig? Am I just getting senile or doesn't it make sense to you either? I'll reread it a few more times and maybe get it eventually, but right now??? LOL

Charlie
PMEmail Poster
cgriggs
Posted: April 21, 2017 02:53 am

Here is what the instructions tell me:

"You must now program the processor so it knows which frequency (in meters) you have selected for band A, B and C. (My choices were 40, 30 & 15)
bA80 shown on the display indicates band A is currently set to 80 meters.

1. Change the band setting by tapping the DOT paddle. This will advance the setting from 80 to 60, 60 to 40 and so on. The display will change accordingly and a beep will sound. [bA8.0], [bA6.0] and so on. After 15 meters, the selection will roll over back to 80 meters. This is done in case you go past the band you wanted, as there is no “decrement” switch.

2. Once the proper band setting is selected, advance to the next band to be set by clicking the keyer switch located under the display. The next higher frequency band will automatically be selected and displayed.

3. Select the band setting for the B band

4. Click keyer switch to advance to C band.

5. Select the band C band

6. Click the keyer switch to finish. The rig will reset to it's normal operation.

● If a mistake is made or at some point you what to change the filters on one of the band positions to operate on a different band, the band select mode can be enabled by holding closed the DASH paddle and the KEYER switch while turning power to the rig on."

Now, do I, at any time manipulate the "Band Switch" or not? Will it automatically, (when I switch to band b or c,) go to the correct frequency? It makes no mention of the band switch at all. Coincidentally, the band switch will not switch, being "frozen" in place, so I mentioned it to the company. ... sigh ...

Charlie
PMEmail Poster
cgriggs
Posted: April 21, 2017 03:02 pm

Success!! I figured it out. Never mind.
But, has anyone put one of these together that we might swap notes?
Charlie
PMEmail Poster
MacFromOK
Posted: April 22, 2017 09:12 pm

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 5,314

I haven't, but congrats on getting it working. beer.gif

--------------------
Mac *

"Basic research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." [Wernher Von Braun]

* is not responsible for errors, consequential damage, or... anything.
PMEmail Poster
cgriggs
Posted: April 22, 2017 10:53 pm

I haven't gotten it working yet, but I have made sense of the instructions. I'm waiting on the company to send me a replacement band switch, either w/wo a bill for it. I don't want to do anything until I have it wired into the circuit too.
Charlie
On Edit: Leaving for New Orleans after church in the morning. Be back next Sunday. More then.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force