Powered by Invision Power Board

Forum Rules Forum Rules (Please read before posting)
Pages:12 ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> How to build ultrasonic anti-barking device?
tekwiz
Posted: June 13, 2010 06:33 pm
Reply to this postQuote Post

Forum Addict ++
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5,746

No, the dogs of which I speak get put out for a leak before bedtime & bark constantly from the time they are put out until they are taken in an hour later. I mean constantly, with barely time to draw breath between barks. This is not normal dog behavior. They also are all small yappy purebreds, which are known to have congenital brain issues.
Fortunately, the local mountain lions think they make great snacks. wink.gif

BTW: One of the neighbors, after many complaints from everyone around, put a shock collar on the dog. This worked within a week, now the dog barks only when it should.

--------------------
Trouble rather the tiger in his lair, than the sage among his books.
For to you, kings & armies are things mighty & enduring.
To him, mere toys of the moment, to be overturned at the flick of a finger.

Fortuna favet fortibus.
PMEmail Poster
CWB
Posted: June 14, 2010 03:17 am

Forum Addict ++

Group: Spamminator Taskforce
Member No.: 15,154

"They also are all small yappy purebreds, which are known to have congenital brain issues.
Fortunately, the local mountain lions think they make great snacks" .

i do too .

--------------------
"Know how to solve every problem that has been solved"
R. Feynman '88
PM
ggiusti
Posted: January 02, 2011 02:37 pm

Group: Members+
Member No.: 34,190

Hi, I find in the same situation with a dog which barks all the time. I would like to know what solution you have found to resolve your situation.
PM
retched
Posted: January 03, 2011 12:23 am

Group: Trusted Members
Member No.: 29,861

I may have missed this in the thread, but the bark stopping device do no put off a continual HF signal.

They are triggered by the first bark. Then they produce the signal.

I would think analyzing the signal from an off the shelf device would be helpful... of just buy it wink.gif

I would thing that it would ramp down the intensity of the signal to make the dog "believe" the conversation is over with.

There is also a device used to train airport drug/bomb dogs not to bark. The barking could cause people to panic and start running from the area.

These dogs just sit be the offending luggage or person.

--------------------
-rm-
PMEmail Poster
ggiusti
Posted: January 03, 2011 07:05 pm

Member No.: 34,190

what I need would be an efficient device to install in my garden because neighbours don't want to hear anything about their dog. They have told me that the dog barks and they are not able to do anything to stop him.
PM
zero.vishnu
Posted: January 25, 2011 07:26 am

Member No.: 34,358

Interesting home project idea! Are these dogs your neighbours? Isnt kinda cruel smile.gif

You will need to use filter circuits in order to only capture the bark. And it has to be a certain magnitude. It will depend on how close you put the device to the dogs.

I would recommend using a PIC for this project, it has ADCs built in.
PMEmail Poster
Faraday's Cage
Posted: January 28, 2011 05:50 pm

Forum Addict ++

Group: Cleanup Taskforce
Member No.: 7,707

QUOTE (MacFromOK @ June 07, 2010 04:19 pm)
QUOTE (Faraday's Cage @ May 27, 2007 06:41 pm)
nope, its an unwritten forum rule that our help is DESIGN ONLY. Period. No exceptions. Zero. Nada. Ain'tgunnahappen (one word).

This is absolute nonsense. Members are certainly free to help (and/or contract) other members in any lawful manner that is agreeable to both parties. rolleyes.gif

Me(2007) =/= Me(2011)
PMEmail Poster
flyfisher111
Posted: July 30, 2016 04:02 am

Member No.: 40,213

Just a comment on how a friend solved his problem of a neighbor's dog dumping on his lawn every night. "Jim" takes great pride in his perfect lawn. The folks across the street acquired a dog that they turned out every night before bedtime. Naturally, the dog would not soil his own space and came across to Jim's lawn to make his nightly deposit. The neighbor was know as a hothead and alcoholic, so reasoning with him was a non-starter. Jim got really angry' I suggested picking up the mess and depositing it in their mailbox.

A couple of months went by and I met Jim, who smiled and said "I solved the problem and nobody got mad."

He saved some bacon grease and bought some Ex Lax. Every evening he took a slice of bread and poured on some bacon grease to give it an enticing odor and added a piece of Ex Lax, rolled it up and tossed it on the grass.

After about a month he was mowing his now again pristine lawn and the neighbor walked across and told him they had to get rid of the dog. "The damn thing started shitting in the house every night. We tried everything and nothing worked and it ruined hte carpets. We finally gave him to someone who had a fenced lawn."

PMEmail Poster
taivideo1
Posted: July 02, 2017 01:27 pm

Member No.: 41,023

talk with your neighbour
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages:12 Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

:: support us ::

ElectronicsSkin by DutchDork & The-Force